Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Who Is Googling You?

What a great little article on thepittsburghchannel.com about "Who Is Googling You?" Have you ever tried to google your own name? It's amazing when you realize the amount of information available to anyone (stalkers, employers, loan officers...) who might be curious. I googled myself (how many of you are giggling right now?) and I found out that my place of employment shows up along with another blog that I write, my results in the Hickory 5K 2007, a few amazon reviews that I wrote, some of my epinions, among other things.

I personally feel that one should not only do a regular credit check, one should also do a regular google check to see what others might learn about you. I've heard too many horror stories about employers using the web to check up on candidates to put too much of myself out there. Not that myself is all that bad, mind you ;-)

Give it a try. See what's out there.

No comments: